Frank Turek, president of www.CrossExamined.org, and Thom Rainer, president and CEO of Lifeway Christian Resources, are among the headline speakers at the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma’s (BGCO) annual State Evangelism Conference on Jan. 30-31, at First Southern Baptist Church in Del City (6400 S Sooner Rd., Del City).
The BGCO event, which is free and open to the public, is designed to equip, encourage and inspire pastors and church members to share the Gospel with others.
Several dynamic speakers will be featured at the event including Turek, an award-winning author who will close out the conference speaking Tuesday evening. Additionally there will be a women’s session, which will feature writer and speaker Kate McCord. Other speakers at the SEC include:
- Charles Billingsley, singer, songwriter and worship leader at Thomas Road Baptist in Lynchburg, Va.;
- Charles Lowery, president and CEO of Lowery Institute for Excellence, Inc.;
- John Meador, pastor of First Euless, Texas;
- Chuck Kelley, president of New Orleans Theological Seminary;
- Rodney Keith, senior pastor of Gardenview Baptist in Jacksonville, Fla.;
- Rockie Naser, director of Women’s Ministry at First Baptist Broken Arrow.
“Any one of these speakers could headline any Christian event,” said Mike Napier, BGCO personal evangelism specialist who leads the State Evangelism Conference. “We are hoping many from across the state will come to this event and be inspired to share the Gospel in powerful ways in Oklahoma.”
“Shout” is this year’s theme with Rev. 12:10-12 as the scripture of reference, “The reason God led us to that is exactly what the scripture says, “The salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God have now come. and we must live like that,” said Napier.