Evergreen Baptist Church in Bixby is sponsoring a Caregiver Equipping Seminar on March 3 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
The program features 11 presenters who will share resources and information on relevant topics that should be beneficial to people who find themselves in a caregiving role.
“Our goal is to provide pertinent information and details about valuable resources that will help to educate and prepare people who are involved in a caregiving relationship with someone,” a spokesman said.
Some of the topics are:
- When is it Time to Consider a Move?
- The Changing Landscape of Long-Term Care
- Trusts, Wills, Estate Planning, DOPA’s
- Home and Community Based Services for Seniors and Family Caregivers
- Hospice … “I Wish I Would Have Known About You Sooner
- Financing Long Term Care / Use of Medicaid
- What Every Caregiver Should Know or What I Learned the Hard Way.
- Guardianship, POA, Advanced Health Care Directives & End of Life Decision Making
- Financial Planning in the Shadow of Dementia
- Caregiver Toolkit
- Code Red: Managing Your Health Affairs in a Crisis
- Introduction to “Successful Caregiving” (A five-session study will follow up this introduction, meeting on Tuesdays from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., March 13 – April 10 at Evergreen Church.)
The people making the presentations are:
- Kathy Lee Hatchett – Director of Estate Planning for the Baptist Foundation of Oklahoma
- Cathy Sullins – Education and TrialMatch Coordinator, Alzheimer’s Association
- Carol Carter – public relations and community affairs manager – LIFE Senior Services & Affiliates
- Curtis J. Shacklett – attorney at Barber & Bartz
- Michael S. Sabo – associate pastor to adults – Evergreen Church
- Ashlie Casey – Hospice of Green Country
- Financial advisor Randy C. Cowell
- Justin C. Cowell
- Kent C. Thiessen, vice president of operations for ACT Financial Services, Inc.
- Mickey Hinds – Education coordinator – LIFE Senior Services and Affiliates
- Chaplain Chris Finley – Director of Chaplain Services for Baptist Village Communities
Evergreen Baptist Church is at 10301 E. 111th St. South. The event is free and open to the public but registration, which begins February 1, is required. To register, go to evergreebc.org/caregiver.