President Barack Obama is determined to release all radical Islamic terrorists that are being held in Guantanamo Prison. This should be of grave concern to all American citizens for the following reasons:
- We are still at war with radical Islamic terrorists, even though President Obama refuses to admit it to the American people.
- Prisoners of war are never released until “the war” has officially ended – this war has certainly not ended.
- Several of the previously released Guantanamo prisoners have already returned to the battlefield and are fighting against American interest.
- The United States has already suffered great loss from direct attacks by radical Islamic terrorists associated with, or inspired by the Islamic State (ISIS). The San Bernardino attack is the most recent.
- The Islamic State (ISIS) has publically announced their plans for more attacks on the United States – and ultimately they plan to stake their claim on this nation by flying their flag over the White House.
And the most important reason of all: Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State (ISIS), was once a prisoner at Camp Bucca, a U.S. prison facility in southern Iraq. But he was released by the Obama administration in 2009. Upon his release, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi told Army Colonel Kenneth King, “I’ll see you in New York.” Colonel King was the commander of the Camp Bucca prison facility at that time.
Terrence McCoy, a writer for The Washington Post wrote: “In all, nine members of the Islamic State’s top command did time at Camp Bucca.” Military veteran Andrew Thompson wrote in the New York Times: “Before their detention, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and others were violent radicals, intent on attacking America. Their time in prison deepened their extremism and gave them opportunities to broaden their following . . . The prisons became virtual terrorist universities: The hardened radicals were the professors, the other detainees were the students, and the prison authorities played the role of absent custodian.”
Police chief Saad Abbas Mahmoud told The Washington Post, “These men weren’t planting flowers in a garden. They weren’t strolling down the street [when they were captured].” Mahmoud estimated 90 percent of the freed prisoners would soon resume fighting. His statement would prove to be prophetic – the closing of the prison and the release of those prisoners now represents the opening chapter in the history of the Islamic State (ISIS) with Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi as its leader.
If President Obama truly wanted to protect this nation, he would be killing and capturing radical Islamic terrorists – not releasing them!
May God have mercy on this nation.