And the winner is: The New York Times.
The New York Times and Times’ columnist Paul Krugman in particular top the list of the “2017 Fake News Awards” as drawn up by President Donald J. Trump.
It is quite a list. And trust me, it could be a lot longer.
No president in history has been attacked by the media as Trump. The media hated Ronald Reagan and to a much lesser extent, George W. Bush, but the attacks were nothing compared to what Trump has faced in only one year in office.
The good news is that Trump is willing to fight back with his Twitter account. And that drives the “drive-by media” crazy.
Here is the list:
- The New York Times’ Paul Krugman claimed that stock markets would never recover from a Trump presidency. That’s fake. The markets are breaking new records every week.
- ABC News’ Brian Ross’ bungled report on former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. This was a deliberate attempt to embarrass Trump by association and it failed because it was phony.
- CNN falsely reporting the Trump campaign had early access to hacked documents from WikiLeaks. The truth – and CNN knew this – was that the documents were made public before the Trump campaign got a copy.
- TIME reported that Trump removed a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. from the Oval Office. This was untrue. It was part of the ongoing attempt to label Trump a racist. It is so outrageous that they have to lie to get any traction.
- The Washington Post’s Dave Weigel tweeting that Trump’s December rally in Pensacola, Fla., wasn’t packed with supporters. They took pictures before everyone arrived and then tried to show that Trump was as unpopular as Hillary Clinton.
- CNN’s video suggesting Trump overfed fish during a visit with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. This was a harmless photo opportunity and a lie by CNN.
- CNN’s retracted report claiming Anthony Scaramucci-Russia ties. CNN is trying so hard to get rid of Trump that no lie is too outrageous, even when they are forced to retract it.
- Newsweek report that Polish First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda did not shake Trump’s hand. The rest of world is seeing how biased and unfair the America liberal media has become.
- CNN report that former FBI Director James Comey would dispute President Trump’s claim he was told he was not under investigation. Again, CNN has no regard for the truth if they can slam Trump with a lie.
- The New York Times’ report that the Trump administration had hidden a climate-change study. The truth didn’t fit their narrative, so they made up the details.
- Maybe this should be No. 1 – that Trump “colluded with Russia.” In Trump’s words, “‘RUSSIA COLLUSION!’ Russian collusion is perhaps the greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people. THERE IS NO COLLUSION!”
Truth is a victim of the liberal press, local and national. They hate Trump because they all predicted a win for Clinton and they are frustrated because she lost.
GOP.com says that “studies have shown that over 90 percent of the media’s coverage of President Trump is negative.”
While the liberal media blasts Trump for every detail, there is a conspiracy of silence concerning his accomplishments.
Here perhaps is the most significant action. Trump recognized Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel and told the State Department to begin to relocate the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
This is probably No. 2 on my list. President Trump kept his promise and appointed Associate Justice Neil Gorsuch to the U.S. Supreme Court.
The economy has created nearly 2 million jobs and gained over $8 trillion in wealth since his inauguration. African Americans and Hispanics are enjoying the lowest unemployment rate in recorded history.
Trump signed tax cuts and relief for working Americans – the biggest cuts since President Reagan.
Trump is committed to cutting regulations. He has exceeded his “2 out for every 1 in” mandate, issuing 22 deregulatory actions for every one new regulatory action.
Trump is promoting energy production, ending Obama-era regulations, approving the Keystone pipeline, auctioning off millions of new acres for energy exploration, and opening up ANWR.
On the international front, ISIS is in retreat.
Thanks to Trump, NATO members are paying more of their fair share for defense. Trump signed the Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act to allow senior officials in the VA to fire failing employees and protect whistleblowers.
This list is growing everyday. And yet, CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS, ABC, the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times and most national media outlets don’t even try to disguise their attacks on Trump.
The fate of our nation is at stake. Just imagine what would be going on if the Clintons were back in the White House.
By the way, Trump’s criticism is not an attack on freedom of speech or freedom of the press. Trump, unlike Barack Obama, is not ordering the IRS to audit his political enemies. And unlike Bush, Trump is candid about the fake news that permeates the media in America.