To assist parents and caregivers in helping students achieve their potential, Tulsa City-County Library presents the “After-School Homework Club @ Your Library.”
This partnership between Tulsa City-County Library and AmeriCorps offers assistance to third- through eighth-grade students in completing their homework assignments. The 2015-16 school year marks the fourth year for Tulsa City-County Library to offer the After-School Homework Club @ Your Library. Community volunteers also assist by providing their professional expertise in the core subjects.
“Any student who attends a public or charter school in Tulsa County can sign up at one of the locations,” said Brenda Radke, Tulsa City-County Library’s AmeriCorps site supervisor. “The After-School Homework Clubs offer one-on-one homework assistance to help students gain a better understanding of their school courses. It also is a great opportunity to highlight the many services Tulsa City-County Library has for students.”
Appointments will be scheduled in 30-minute blocks for each student. Choose from times and register at one of these After-School Homework Clubs, Monday-Thursday, 3:15-5:15 p.m.:
- Martin Regional Library, 2601 S. Garnett Road. A Friday session at same time is available at this location only.
- Maxwell Park Library, 1313 N. Canton
- Nathan Hale Library, 6038 E. 23rd St.
- South Broken Arrow Library, 3600 S. Chestnut
- Hardesty Regional Library, 8316 E. 93rd St.
- Zarrow Regional Library, 2224, W. 51st St.
“Education Activity Centers” for group activities are presented at six Tulsa City-County Libraries. Registration is required to participate in the Education Activity Centers. Choose times and register at one of these After-School Homework Club Education Activity Centers, Monday-Thursday, 3:15-5:15 p.m.:
- Brookside Library, 1207 E. 45th Place
- Collinsville Library, 1223 W. Main, Collinsville
- Jenks Library, 523 W. B St., Jenks
- Owasso Library, 103 W. Broadway, Owasso
- Rudisill Regional Library, 1520 N. Hartford
- Suburban Acres Library, 4606 N. Garrison
Tulsa City-County Library also offers Homework HelpNow, online access to expert instruction, peer-to-peer collaboration and self-study. The service is for kindergarten to adult learners. All you need is a library card to connect from home, school or any Tulsa City-County Library location.
Homework HelpNow has live tutors are available 2 to 11 p.m., seven days a week for help with math, English, writing, science, social studies, reading comprehension, English literature and Spanish. Also, sessions may be conducted in Spanish or English. All Homework HelpNow tutors are certified by Brainfuse online tutoring workshop and have four-year degrees with prior teaching and tutoring experience. For more information, call 918-549-7667, or visit the website, www.tulsalibrary.org/homeworkclub.