Visitors to David L Moss Criminal Justice Center need to be aware of new visiting days/hours that are now in effect.
By reducing the number of visiting days at the jail, the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office expects to save $500,000 a year by moving personnel in visitation to job duties inside the jail.
Currently, half of the jail pods have visitation three days a week, followed by the other half of the jail three additional days a week. The new changes will condense visiting days for all pods to Sunday and Monday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. throughout the month of August.
In September, the visiting days will change to Friday and Saturday from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm.
– A background check will be conducted on all applicants who wish to visit inmates.
– Only immediate family members will be allowed to visit inmates, as well as attorneys, clergy and bondsmen.
– All visitors will need to fill out an application at www.tcso.org. Applications are also available in the lobby of the jail.
– Allow up to seven days to complete the background check.
– Once the background check is approved, you can schedule visitation on-line or by calling 918-596-8870.
– Anyone who fails the background check will not be allowed to schedule jail visits.
The Tulsa County Jail offers video visitation through a system called Homewav. This system allows anyone to conduct video visitation with an inmate from their computer or mobile device between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 p.m.
TCSO is asking the county to approve a rate reduction for Homewav from 50 cents a minute to 20 cents a minute. The contract is currently under review by the District Attorney’s office. As soon as it’s approved by the DA’s office, the rate reduction will go before the Board of County Commissioners for a vote.
To set up visits through Homewav go to: www.HomeWav.com or call 877-241-7559. Free Homewav terminals are located in the upstairs visitation lobby at DLM. Anyone may use these terminals daily from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. Additional details on visitation can be found on the homepage of our website: www.tcso.org