Tulsa is high in affordability but low in night life in a WalletHub study of 2016’s Most Fun Cities in America.
Tulsa ranks No. 7 in terms of costs in the study of the 150 largest cities in the nation. Tulsa is No. 18 in the level of entertainment and recreation it offers but No. 106 in terms of “nightlife parties.” Oklahoma City is No. 20 in affordability, No. 109 in entertainment and No. 133 in nightlife parties.
WalletHub’s number crunchers compared the 150 largest cities across 51 key factors, ranging from “number of fitness clubs per capita” to “movie costs” to “average open hours of breweries.”
Top 20 Most Fun Cities in America
- Las Vegas
- Orlando, Florida
- Miami, Florida
- New Orleans
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- St. Louis
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- Tampa, Florida
- Portland, Oregon
- Tempe, Arizona
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- San Francisco
- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Reno, Nevada
- Denver, Colorado
- Minneapolis, Minnesota
Best vs. Worst
- Scottsdale, Ariz., has the most public golf courses per 100,000 residents, 12.97, which is 90 times more than in New York, the city with the fewest, 0.14.
- Orlando, Fla., has the most restaurants per 1,000 residents, 12.56, which is 11 times more than in Santa Clarita, Calif., the city with the fewest, 1.18.
- San Francisco has the highest percentage of the population with walkable park access, 98.0 percent, which is 3.5 times higher than in Charlotte, N.C., the city with the lowest, 27.8 percent.
- Madison, Wis., has the most park playgrounds per 100,000 residents, 72.96, which is 155 times more than in San Bernardino, Calif., the city with the lowest, 0.47.
- San Francisco has the most performing-arts theaters per 100,000 residents, 101.68, which is 26 times more than in Brownsville, Texas, the city with the fewest, 3.89.
- Scottsdale, Ariz., has the most fitness centers per 100,000 residents, 228.17, which is 20 times more than in Newark, N.J., the city with the fewest, 11.48.
- Honolulu has the most festivals per 100,000 residents, 41.72, which is 131 times more than in Corpus Christi, Texas, the city with the lowest, 0.32.
- Orlando, Fla., has the most bars per 100,000 residents, 215.81, which is 31 times more than in Fontana, Calif., the city with the fewest, 6.95.
- Las Vegas has the most clubs per 100,000 residents, 23.60, which is 70 times more than in Anchorage, Alaska, the city with the fewest, 0.34.
- Albuquerque, N.M., has the lowest average beer price per six pack, $6.65, which is 2 times lower than in Chicago and Aurora, Ill., the cities with the highest, $14.04.