Reclaiming America for Christ will host the “Rebuilding the Foundations: conference from 6:30-10 p.m. July 24 and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 25 at First Baptist Church of Moore, 301 NE 27th St.
The confirmed speakers include:
- Author and apologist Josh McDowell
- Mat Staver, chairman of Liberty Counsel
- KrisAnne Hall, attorney, author and constitutional educator.
The conference is free.
Part of Reclaiming America for Christ is “Protect Life OK!” – which has started a petition drive to ask the Oklahoma Legislature to deny a medical license to anyone performing an abortion (except to save the life of the mother).
The group says that the Oklahoma Constitution grants the legislature the authority to take this step, especially with a correct view of the 10th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution (which limits the powers of the federal government).
The theme is, “Legally we can do this. Morally we must do this.”
The petition can be signed at www.protectlifeok.com.
More than 250 people have endorsed the effort, including:
- Sen. Josh Brecheen, R-Coalgate
- Sen. Nathan Dahm, R-Broken Arrow
- Sen. Joseph Silk, R-Broken Bow
- Rep. David Brumbaugh, R-Broken Arrow
- Rep. Lewis Moore, R-Arcadia
- Rep. John Bennett, R-Sallisaw
- Rep. Mark McBride, R-Moore
- Rep. Sally Kern, R-Oklahoma City
- Pastor W.C. “Nick” Garland, First Baptist Church of Broken Arrow
- Pastor Kevin Clarkson, First Baptist Church of Moore
- Pastor Blake Gideon, First Baptist Church of Edmond
- Pastor Bill Ledbetter, Fairview Baptist Church of Durant
- Paul Sublett, general manager, Bott Radio of Oklahoma