The City of Tulsa has received reports that individuals are posing as City of Tulsa utility employees by calling residents and businesses threatening to shut-off city water, sewer or stormwater service if a payment is not received over the phone.
The City of Tulsa does make courtesy calls if accounts are past due, but will never call to ask for credit card information over the phone. Victims of this scam may file an online police report at: https://www.tulsapolice.org/police-report/report-a-crime-online.aspx The City of Tulsa offers a variety of avenues for residents and businesses to pay utility bills:
- AutoPay – Monthly bill will automatically withdraw from a bank account.
- Mail – A return envelope is included with the utility bill sent. Checks and money orders are accepted through the mail.
- In Person – Pay in person at City Hall from 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Cashier windows are inside the 2nd St. entrance of City Hall.
- Pay Online – Make online payment via www.cityoftulsa.org/utilities for a $1.85 service charge.
- Call Customer Care – Make payment over the phone by calling Customer Care at 918-596-9511 for a $1.85 service charge.
- Walk-In Centers – Pay in person at authorized payment centers throughout town. There is a $1.50 service charge for payments by cash or check. For more information, call 918-596-9511.