WalletHub.com has released a report on 2015’s Best and Worst Cities for Recreation and Tulsa is No. 40 while Oklahoma City is No. 50. WalletHub compared the 100 largest U.S. cities across 27 key metrics.
Here are some results:
- The number of bike rental facilities per 100,000 residents is 28 times higher in San Francisco than in Tulsa.
- Madison, Wisconsin, has 14 times as many park playgrounds per 100,000 residents as Hialeah, Florida.
- The percentage of the population with walkable park access is four times higher in San Francisco than in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Washington spends 100 times more on parks per capita than Hialeah, Florida.
- Seattle has 46 times as many coffee shops per 100,000 residents as Laredo, Texas.
The top four cities for recreation were Cincinnati, Ohio; Omaha, Nebraska; Scottsdale, Arizona; and Tampa, Florida.
The five worst cities were Hialeah, Florida; Laredo, Texas; Irving, Texas; Newark, New Jersey and Jersey City, New Jersey.