Most Christmas packaging and wrapping paper are recyclable in the Tulsa’s recycling system, such as cardboard boxes and basic wrapping paper without foil and glitter. Some items that cannot be recycled in the blue cart and should be placed in the gray trash cart.
Holiday Recycling Tips – Do not recycle:
- Gift bags
- Foil, shiny or glitter wrapping paper
- Styrofoam, packing peanuts
- Flexible film plastics, bubble wrap, plastic bags
- Plastic strapping
- Ribbons and bows
- Christmas lights
- Bulbs and ornaments
- Textiles – Tree Skirts, stockings and clothing
- Electronics – Anything with a cord, takes batteries or winds-up
- Artificial or real Christmas trees
Year round, the City of Tulsa offers free mulch and firewood to Tulsa residents at the city’s mulch site at 2100 N. 145th E. Ave. Residents only need to show a driver’s license or City of Tulsa utility bill for proof of residency.
The City of Tulsa will be offering complimentary collection of live Christmas trees during December and January. Residents may place live Christmas trees at the curb on their primary collection day without lights, tinsel and ornaments. If the Christmas tree is longer than six feet in length, it must be cut into lengths of six feet or smaller. This collection is not for artificial trees.